Friday, February 19, 2010

In with the NEW

Our house is older and when we bought it we knew it would need some work; we have done the kitchen, finished the basement and painted every room I think, but our living room was in some need of TLC.
This is us painting; its kinda of a before and after. We did three walls darker and one lighter and it turned out really nice.

This is a paint after and flooring before. When we moved in the entire living room and kitchen were carpet. We put laminate in kitchen and dining room 3 years ago. Then last year we tore our the carpet in the living room with every intention of refinishing the original hardwood- never happened. Now I was super sick of it cause it looked so unfinished. It was in good shape, but you can tell where it was wore. Also pay attention to the old metal blinds!!

Yeah, new flooring. After much consideration we put carpet in again and LOVE IT!! We also continued the laminate from the kitchen doorway to the front door way!


Our new cellular shades. They are awesome, my husband talked me into the darker color called espresso and he was right; I really like them. They are cordless, top down bottom up and make the room Complete!



Adisyn playing Melody (aeriels daughter in mermaid 2)She looks like this at home more than not these days!

And this is what you get when little brothers play with their princess loving older sisters!! HE makes such a cute princess huh!!

9 comments:

Peggy said...

The living room looks wonderful Becks! Can't believe you painted over your mom and my hard work though ... :) The kids are getting so big already - love the princess theme they've got going!!

Becky said...

Thanks Peggy, well the kids had it destroyed already I think u guys painted with satin and so this time I went with semi-gloss!! Hope it stays nice longer lol

Eric and Kayla said...

Love the new living room! It looks great! The picture of Brody dressed up like a princess reminded me of a picture of Brett taken at your Mom and Dad's, except he was in a dress! :) I think Kaity was with him.

Kaity said...

Your living room looks awesome!! love the picture of brody as a princess especially the hot pink cowboy boots = )

Unknown said...

Love It! The living room looks great and so does Brody. I think all of the bloggers need to do house walk throughs. I always like looking into the background of pictures and imagine the houses that we live in.

Lacy said...

It looks great!!!! Makes me want to do some house makeovers. Love the pics of Adisyn dressing up Brody. It's priceless!!!!

janet said...

You have so much energy......i love seeing that Corey helps....
Love the picture of brody.......

Mama A said...

Those are some pretty sweet boots, Brody! Your sister sure is silly for dressing you up, but its not worse than my mom. She puts leggings on me!

Brandi said...

Looks good guys! & the princess pics are classic!